SSC CHSL 2023: The SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 is a highly anticipated national-level government exam conducted annually by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to select qualified candidates for various departments and offices of the Indian government. This exam offers opportunities for candidates to secure posts such as DEO, Postal Assistant, LDC, and Sorting Assistant, and every year, thousands of vacancies are filled through the SSC CHSL Exam. The online registration for SSC CHSL 2023 started on May 9th, 2023, and will be open until June 8th, 2023. Candidates who successfully qualify in the Tier 1 exam will be eligible to take the SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam 2023. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2023 will be held in August 2023, and aspiring candidates can use this information to prepare for the exam in advance.
SSC CHSL 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission – Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Stages of Exam||Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3|
|Posts Offered||Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO)|
|Job Location||All India|
|SSC CHSL Notification 2023 Release Date||9th May 2023|
|Join our Telegram||Telegram Group|
SSC CHSL Notification 2023 Important Dates
|SSC CHSL Notification 2023 Release Date||9th May 2023|
|SSC CHSL Registration Process||9th May 2023|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC CHSL 2023||8th June 2023|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||10th June 2023|
|Last Date to Generate Offline Fee Challan||12th June 2023|
|Application Form Correction||14-15 June 2023|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Application Status||July 2023|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||July 2023|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2023 (Tier-1)||August 2023|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Date 2023||To be notified|
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2023
SSC CHSL 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be citizens of India or subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, or certain specified countries.
- Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, and specified countries must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates who require a certificate of eligibility can still apply for the examination, but they will only be given an offer of appointment after obtaining the necessary certificate from the Government of India.
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant||Must have passed 12th Standard from a recognized Board in India|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Must have passed 12th Standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board in India|
- The age limit for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 is 18-27 years.
- The crucial date for age reckoning is fixed as 01-08-2023.
- Candidates born not before 02-08-1996 and not later than 01-08-2005 are eligible to apply.
Age Relaxation Details in upper age limit for different categories mentioned below in table:
|Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The SSC CHSL Recruitment selection process consists of three stages: Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III.
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination (Objective Type)
- The Tier-I exam consists of four sections: General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks and the time duration is 1 hour.
- The questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) and there is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tier-II: Descriptive Paper
- The Tier-II exam is a descriptive type paper in Pen and Paper mode.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks and the time duration is 1 hour.
- Candidates are required to write an essay of 200-250 words and a letter or application of 150-200 words.
- Tier-III: Skill Test / Typing Test
- The Tier-III exam is a Skill Test / Typing Test.
- Candidates who qualify in the Tier-II exam are eligible to appear for the Tier-III exam.
- The skill test is conducted for the post of Data Entry Operator (DEO) and the typing test is conducted for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA).
- The final merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II exams. The Tier-III exam is of qualifying nature.
How to Apply for SSC CHSL 2023
To apply for SSC CHSL 2023, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the official website of SSC, which is ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply” link present on the homepage.
- Register yourself by providing the required details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
- Once registered, log in using your credentials.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details such as personal information, academic qualifications, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
- Verify all the details filled in the application form before submitting it.
- Finally, submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 Application Fee
|Mode of Payment|
of Examination Fee
SSC CHSL 2023 Salary
Pay Scale for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Level-5(Rs. 29,200-92,300).
- Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100).
SSC CHSL 2023 Region Wise Application Status, Admit Card Link
|Admit Card Link|
|Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttrakhand||North Region||Status||Admit Card|
|Maharashta, Gujrat, Goa||Western Region||Status||Admit Card|
|MP, Chhattisgarh||MP Sub Region||Status||Admit Card|
|WB, Orrisa, Jharkhand, A&N Island, Sikkim||Eastern Region||Status||Admit Card|
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,|
Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram
|Andhra Pradesh, Punduchery, Tamilnadu||Southern Region||Status||Admit Card|
|Karnatka, Kerla||KKR Region||Status||Admit Card|
|Haryana, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh||North Western Sub Region||Status||Admit Card|
|Uttar Pradesh & Bihar||Central Region||Status||Admit Card|
SSC CHSL Result 2023 Download Merit List and Cutoff PDF
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Result Cutoff/ Writeup||Cutoff|
|SSC CHSL Result 2023 (List-1)||List-1|
|SSC CHSL Result 2023 (List-2)||List-2|
|SSC CHSL Result 2023 (List-3)||List-3|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 Important Links
|Join our Telegram||Telegram Group|
|SSC CHSL 2023 Notification||Notification|
|SSC CHSL 2023 Apply Online||Apply Online|
|SSC CHSL 2023 Official Website||SSC|
|Check Other Govt. Jobs||Govt jobs|
|SSC CHSL 2023 Important Topics:|
|SSC CHSL Apply Online 2023, Apply Link Active|
|SSC CHSL Selection Process|
|SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2023|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 PDF & Exam Pattern|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 FAQs
What is SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023?
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 is a competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment to various posts such as Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant (PA), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), and Data Entry Operator (DEO).
When will the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 notification be released?
The SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 notification is released on 9th May 2023.
What is the last date to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023?
The last date to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 is 8th June 2023.
What is the selection process for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023?
The selection process for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 consists of three stages: Tier-I Computer Based Examination, Tier-II Descriptive Paper, and Tier-III Skill Test/Typing Test.
How can I apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023?
You can apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 through the online application process on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
Is there any negative marking in the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the Tier-I exam of SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023. One-third marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.