UPSC CDS 2 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam 2023. This highly anticipated examination, conducted twice a year, offers aspiring candidates the opportunity to kickstart their careers in prestigious institutions such as the Indian Air Force, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Officer’s Training Academy. The CDS Exam 2023 follows a rigorous selection process, including a written test, interview round, and medical examination. Interested candidates can apply online starting from 17 May 2023 from official website upsc.gov.in.
UPSC CDS 2 2023 Overview
|Recruitment Authority||Union Public service commission (UPSC)|
|Pay Scale||Level-10 (Rs. 56100-177500/-)|
|Last Date to Apply||June 6, 2023, up to 06:00 pm|
|Job Location||All India|
|Join Telegram Group||Telegram Group|
|CDS 2 2023 Notification Release Date||17th May 2023|
|Online Registration Start Date||17th May 2023|
|Online Registration End Date||06th June 2023 (06:00 pm)|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||06th June 2023 (06:00 pm)|
|UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card Release Date||10th August 2023|
|CDS 2 Exam Date 2023||03rd September 2023|
CDS 2 Exam 2023 Vacancy
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||32|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Men)||169|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Women)||16|
CDS 2 Notification 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be unmarried and must fall into one of the following categories:
- (i) Citizen of India
- (ii) Subject of Nepal
- (iii) Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India, except for Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Candidates requiring a certificate of eligibility may be provisionally admitted to the examination, subject to obtaining the necessary certificate from the Government before the declaration of the result by UPSC.
- The age limit for candidates applying for the CDS Exam 2023 is as follows:
- The candidate must be between 20 to 24 years old as of 1st July, 2024.
- The candidate should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 2000, and not later than 1st July, 2004.
- Candidates holding a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) have relaxation in the upper age limit.
- The upper age limit for candidates with a valid Commercial Pilot License is relaxable up to 26 years.
- For candidates with a valid Commercial Pilot License, the candidate should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998, and not later than 1st July, 2004.
(i) For Indian Military Academy (I.M.A.) and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai:
- A candidate must possess a degree from a recognized university or its equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy:
- A candidate must have a degree in Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy:
- A candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.
- Additionally, candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
- Alternatively, candidates with a Bachelor of Engineering degree are also eligible.
Candidates with Army/Navy/Air Force as their first choice are required to submit proof of graduation/provisional certificates at the commencement of the SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview.
UPSC CDS 2 2023 Selection Process
The Selection Process for the UPSC CDS 2 2023 includes the multiple stages:
- Written Exam
- SSB/ Personality Test/ Interview/ Medical Examination/ DV
UPSC CDS 2 2023 Exam Pattern
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
- Maximum Marks:
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and interviews are equal for each course.
- The maximum marks for the written examination and interviews are as follows:
- Indian Military Academy: 300 marks each
- Indian Naval Academy: 300 marks each
- Air Force Academy: 300 marks each
- Officers’ Training Academy: 200 marks each
- Question Format:
- The papers in all subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers for General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
- Metric System:
- In question papers, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures will be set when necessary.
- Writing Answers:
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand.
- They are not allowed to use a scribe to write answers on their behalf.
- Qualifying Marks:
- The Commission has the discretion to determine the qualifying marks in any or all subjects of the examination.
- Use of Calculator:
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets).
- They should not bring calculators into the Examination Hall.
CDS Salary Details
|Lieutenant||Level 10||Rs 56,100-1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||Rs 61,300-1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||Rs 69,400-2,07,200|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||Rs 1,21,200-2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||Rs 1,30,600-2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||Rs 1,39,600-2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||Rs 1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||Rs 1,82,200-2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||Rs 2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army CDR/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17||Rs 2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||Rs 2,50,000 (fixed|
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 2 2023
To apply for UPSC CDS 2 2023, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) at www.upsc.gov.in.
- On the homepage, navigate to the “Examinations” tab and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Active Examinations” or “Combined Defence Services Examination” to find the CDS 2 2023 notification.
- Click on the link for the CDS 2 2023 notification to access the detailed information and instructions.
- Carefully read the notification and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Once you have confirmed your eligibility, click on the “Apply Online” or “Part I Registration” link provided in the notification.
- Fill out the online application form with the required personal, educational, and contact details. Make sure to enter the information accurately.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specified dimensions and file size mentioned in the instructions.
- Pay the application fee through the available online payment options. The fee details will be mentioned in the notification.
- After completing the application form and fee payment, submit the application online.
- Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
CDS 2 Exam 2023 Application Fees
|Gen/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 200/-|
|SC/ST/ Sons of JCOs/ ORs/ Female||Rs. 0/-|
|Payment Mode||Online/ Cash|
|UPSC CDS 2 2023 Result Name Number Wise PDF||Name Wise|
|UPSC CDS 2 2023 Result Roll Number Wise PDF||Result PDF|
|UPSC CDS 2 2023 Notification||Notification|
|UPSC CDS 2 2023 Apply Online||Apply Online|
|UPSC CDS Previous Year Papers||Previous Question Paper|
|UPSC Official Website||UPSC|
|Check Other Govt. Jobs||govjobyojana.com|
CDS 2 Exam 2023 FAQs
How to apply for UPSC CDS 2 2023?
Apply Online from the website upsc.gov.in.
What is the last date to apply for UPSC CDS 2 2023?
6/06/2023 till 6:00 Pm.