UPSC Assistant Commandant 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the latest notification for the recruitment of 322 Assistant Commandants (AC) in the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), including the BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, and other paramilitary forces of India. The UPSC CAPF (AC) examination is conducted every year to recruit Grade A Officers. The UPSC CAPF 2023 Notification and application form have been released on April 26, 2023, on the official website @upsc.gov.in. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on August 6, 2023, and the selection process will include written tests, physical tests, and interview/personality tests. Eligible candidates can apply online and check all the details related to the UPSC Assistant Commandant 2023 recruitment in the article below.
UPSC Assistant Commandant 2023 Overview
|Recruitment Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Post Name||Assistant Commandant (AC)|
|Salary||Rs. 56100- 177500/-|
|Job Location||All India|
|Last Date to Apply||May 10, 2023|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Join Telegram Group||Telegram Group|
|Apply Start||26 April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||16 May 2023 till 06:00 pm|
|Application Form Correction||17 to 23 May 2023|
|Exam Date||06 August 2023|
UPSC CAPF Vacancy 2023
|Border Security Force (BSF)||86|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||55|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||91|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||60|
|Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||30|
UPSC CAPF 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF AC 2023:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- Must be a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Must be a person of Indian origin who migrated from Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or East African countries with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC CAPF Education Qualification
To be eligible for the UPSC Recruitment Exam for Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces, a candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India, or
- A Bachelor’s degree from other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament, or
- A Bachelor’s degree declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or An equivalent qualification.
For the UPSC Recruitment Exam for Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces, the minimum age limit is 20 years, and the maximum age limit is 25 years as of August 1, 2023. To be eligible, a candidate must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1998, and not later than August 1, 2003.
Age relaxation is provided for certain categories, which are listed below:
|Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||5 years; Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 years|
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Selection Process
The Selection Process for UPSC CAPF AC 2023 includes the multiple stages:
- Written Examination
- Physical test
CAPF Written Exam Pattern
- Two papers: Paper I and Paper II
- Date of Examination: 06th August, 2023
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
- Time: 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon
- Marks: 250
- Objective (Multiple Answers) Type questions in English and Hindi
- Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- Time: 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Marks: 200
- Option to write Essay Component in English or Hindi
- Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other language skills will be in English only
- Medium of writing answers in Paper II should be as allowed by the Commission
- Minimum qualifying marks separately in each paper as fixed by the Commission
- Evaluation of Paper-II will be done only for candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
|Paper Name||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper- I General and Mental Ability||2 hours||250 marks|
|Paper-II General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||3 Hours||200 marks|
UPSC CAPF Physical Standard Test (PST)
The minimum requirement of height, chest and weight for both men and women has mentioned below in table format:
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Chest(unexpanded)||81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)||(Not applicable)|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
CAPF Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Candidates who qualify in the written examination will have to go through Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
- Candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as specified will undergo Physical Efficiency Tests.
- The details of Physical Efficiency Tests will be provided to candidates summoned for the tests.
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters (3 chances)||—|
UPSC CAPF Medical Standards
|Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye (corrected vision)||Near Vision (corrected) with Glasses/LASIK Surgery*||Limits of Refractive errors permitted||Colour Perception|
|Distant vision: 6/6 or 6/9||Distant vision: 6/12 or 6/9||N6 or N9||-4.00 D (including cylinder) Myopia or +4.00 D (including cylinder) Hypermetropia||III (CP-III) by ISIHARA plates|
- Candidates declared qualified in Medical Standards Tests will be called for the interview /personality test
- Interview/Personality Test carries 150 Marks
- Candidates declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally
- Shortlisted candidates will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) and required to indicate their preference of Forces.
How to Apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2023
To apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2023, candidates need to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link.
- Click on the “Part I Registration” link and fill in the required details.
- After completing Part I Registration, proceed to Part II Registration.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents, including photograph and signature, in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
|Female/ SC/ ST candidate||No Fee|
|UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Notification PDF||Notification|
|UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Apply Online||Apply Online|
|UPSC Official Website||UPSC|
|Check Other Govt. Jobs||Govt jobs 2023|
UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs) FAQs
How to apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2023?
Apply Online from the official website upsc.gov.in.
What is UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs)?
UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs) is a recruitment exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to select Assistant Commandants (ACs) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
What is the selection process for UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs)?
The selection process for UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs) consists of a written examination, physical standards/
physical efficiency tests, medical standards tests, and an interview
What is the application fee for UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs)?
The application fee for UPSC CAPF 2023 (ACs) is Rs. 200/- for General and OBC candidates. SC/ST and Female candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.